Restoring the WhatsApp chat history might seem intimidating to you at times, but it is not. You can anytime get your chat history back, no matter if you deleted it by mistake or planning to change the phone. The good thing about restoring WhatsApp chat history is that you don’t need any technical efficiency because anyone can do that without assistance. You must ensure that when you begin the retrieval process, you are aware of how you can help you out all through.
In this post, we will cover the elaboration on ways you should know for the restoring process of chat history on WhatsApp. Keep following the write-up below for your efficient comprehension.
Three ways to restore your WhatsApp chat history
Three ways would help you to restore your WhatsApp chat history. So, these ways are as following:
Restore from a Google Drive backup
If you want to initiate restoring a Google drive backup for your WhatsApp chat history, you require a similar number and Gmail account to create the backup. Let’s find you need to for restoring the backup:
- Firstly, you need to start with uninstalling and reinstalling WhatsApp.
- Secondly, enter your WhatsApp and authorize your number.
- When confirmed, initiate taping on the restore button for retrieving your chats and pictures or videos from Google drive.
- Once the process for restoration is complete, continue with the next button. You can now see your chats after the completion of the process.
- The app will continue retrieving all of your files after the restoring of chats.
WhatsApp will automatically initiate restoring from your backup files, local if you install the app without any prior backups from the drive.
Restore from a local backup
If you wish to use a local backup, you require transferring the files to a new phone using a computer, SD card or file explorer.
Here is what you must know:
- The phone will involve storing up to the previous seven days of backup files.
- You will notice local backups creating around 2.00 AM daily and is stored as a file on your mobile.
- You need to see internal storage or main folder if you cannot view the stored data in WhatsApp, folder, and SD card.
Restore a less recent local backup
If you wish for restoring the local backup, which is not the latest one, then you must see the following points:
- Firstly, ensure downloading the file manager app.
- Secondly, initiate navigating to the SD Card, database, WhatsApp in the file manager application. Ensure the internal or main storage if you don’t find the stored data in the SD Card.
- Next, you need to initiate renaming the file for backup you wish to retrieve from msgstore-YYYY-MM-DD.1.db. crypt12 to msgstore.db. crypt12. The previous backup may be on the earlier protocol like crypt9 andcryp10. Ensure not to change the number of extensions for the crypt.
- Initiate uninstall and reinstall WhatsApp.
- Lastly, you need to tap on restore when done.
How to restore WhatsApp chat history on different devices?
Restore on Android
We are sure you must be looking for the answer to this question as well. People are not aware of the ways, but about the device they are using. So, we understand the complexity here, and this is why we will answer it for you. But before this, you must know that it needs data backup when it comes to restoring the WhatsApp chat history through devices. So, if you don’t have the backup, it might be an issue. WhatsApp has a program which is MobileTransfer, and it offers you a wide-ranging solution for moving the data from its backup. You can consider using the program for transferring the data from one to another device.
Here, we give you the guide for assisting you with the backup restoring to your device. Let’s find out the process below:
- First, you need to ensure downloading and installing the MobileTrans app.
- Next, begin the program and, from the main menu choose, WhatsApp transfer. You need to ensure selecting the option of restore to the device for restoring a backup.
- Initiate connecting the device to the computer, and you must see the backup option on the device. Then you need to pick a backup file for restoring and clicking the start button. It will perform restoring the WhatsApp data.
- Now, you need to be patient to complete the process and confirm the device’s linking through the process. After the finishing of the process, you can see the data on your device.
Restore from iCloud
The process for restoring your WhatsApp chats here is the process you need to follow:
- Start by the backup creation of all current conversations. Link the device with the network and open the application. Enter the settings, conversations, chat backup and then tap on backup now.
- For restoring the chat to a new device, link the device to the network and then ensure installing the WhatsApp. After installing, verify the number and tap on the restore chat history.
Restore from iTunes backup
If you have iTunes backup, you can then also initiate restoring your WhatsApp chat history. However, remember that it might also erase the content and settings of your device. So, make sure to have a backup before restoring from iTunes.
Here is the process you can follow to restore:
- Enter iTunes on your device and ensure connecting it to iPhone with the use of USB cables.
- Select the restore backup under the summary tab.
- Select the appropriate backup and ensure keeping the device linked while restoring is in process.
Why is there a need for a backup for WhatsApp when restoring chat history?
When restoring WhatsApp’s chat history, you must have the backup for your media files and other data. It is because often, when the process keeps going, users tend to lose their essential data. It happens mainly when an individual is restoring the chats through the operating system. If you don’t want to face the issue, make sure you have the backup for your media files.
Restoring the WhatsApp chat history nowadays is not any trick job. One can do that without any issue with little information and understanding. If you are changing your phone or has lost the chat because of accidental deletion, you can recover it effortlessly. All you have to do is ensuring that you follow the process cautiously to avoid mistakes. If you make any errors, chances are you can even your previous backup files. When you initiate the process, make sure to read the information discussed in the post above. It will help you manage the process efficiently and complete the restoration process without much hassle.
If this post assists you in any way to resolve your issue, please don’t forget to tell us. We will like to know to come up with more efficient informational and knowledgeable write-ups for you in the future. Also, if you are looking for assistance, our team is happy to help. Make sure to reach us here; our professionals will get back to you as soon as possible.