Some particular requirements vary from country to country; however, the U.S. Visa application is standardized for most countries. It is because the consulates or embassies abroad pick the appropriate way for the location.
The post will discuss the U.S. visa application in India. So, if you plan to visit the country or want to start a business, let’s find out the details and process to apply for it.
Do Indians require a U.S. visa?
Yes, every Indian citizen requires a visa to enter the U.S. country. Few only countries are there which involves the U.S. visa waiver program. The program allows the citizen to enter the country for purposes like tourism or business but a short-term.
How to apply for a visa from India?
When applying for U.S. Visa from India, below is the process that you need to follow:
Determining what U.S. visa you need
You must know that different U.S. visas are there, and it depends on which you should apply for when travelling to the country. So, it is essential that you first determine which visa fits the best according to your requirements. You can visit here to see the types of visa the U.S. offers to Indians.
U.S. visa application form (Form DS-160)
After you know the visa type you need to apply for, you must ensure filling the U.S. visa application form, Form DS-160. You can consider applying the form through:
- The consular electronic application center
- Using the services of third part like TravelAssist
Why should you apply through TravelAssist?
Let’s discuss the reasons below for why you should choose TravelAssist when applying for a U.S. visa:
- The service is recommended as the staff will help fill the form for booking your appointment when applying for a visa with the U.S. General Consulate in India.
- They will ensure to offer you the entire documents lists for your application from India. The staff will also initiate checking the application fee to ensure that it has the highest probability of success and not getting rejected.
- The services offer their online support 24*7 concerning the application for your U.S. visa.
- Once the visa application is successful, the services will ensure getting you the visa rapidly.
- If the application is rejected to enter the U.S., the service provides you with travel protection, including covering the financial expenses.
- The company is expert and professional in offering and processing applications for a U.S. visa. It includes over 65,000 people entering the country. They also offer you the assistance which is end-to-end for progressively entering the country.
So, when you begin the application, you will get the ID for your application. You may require the number during the process, so ensure that you save it cautiously. Ensure all the information you are submitting is appropriate as you cannot make changes later.
After you finish the DS-160 form, you will go to the new confirmation page, and it will include a barcode number. You need to take this number for making a visa appointment. Then, ensure email yourself a copy of the form and then download it in the pdf form. You require taking the confirmation page with you after printing to the appointment centre for an Embassy interview.
Pay the fee
Before submitting the U.S. visa application, you require paying the visa fees, which keeps changing as per the type of visa. So, visit here to see the U.S. visa fees.
You will get different options for paying the fees, including national electronic funds transfer or NEFT and IMPS mobile payments. After making the payment fees, ensure keeping the receipt with you to present it on the visa appointment. Also, remember that the U.S. visa fees are not refundable.
Schedule an appointment in India
You need to create an account on the U.S. online visa application here to schedule a visa appointment in India. There are two unique appointments which you require scheduling:
- At the application center
- Secondly, you can schedule an appointment with the embassy. Make sure to conduct the appointment after a day of the VAC appointment.
For scheduling the appointment, ensure carrying following documents with you:
- Passport number
- The receipt number of visa application fees
- The ten-digit barcode number from the DS-160 form
Submit the application at the U.S. application center
After scheduling the appointment for a U.S. visa application in India, you need to pick the location you wish to apply to. You will find different VACs in different countries, such as Kolkata, New Delhi, Chennai, Hyderabad, and Mumbai. Make sure you select the city that is close to you.
After arriving at the visa application center on the appointment date, the staff will take your fingerprints and pictures. Make sure that you are carrying the following documents with you:
- The passport should be valid for another six months from the date you will be leaving for the U.S.
- DS-160 page for confirmation
- The appointment confirmation
- A passport size picture is a must, following the U.S. visa photo requirements.
Collecting the U.S. visa documents for Indians
Here are the U.S. document requirements for Indians without which an individual will not be eligible for applying for the visa:
- The passport must have the validation of six months from the date of departure to the U.S. One should have the earlier passports having old U.S. visas in them.
- An individual should carry the two-size passport photograph meeting the U.S. visa requirements.
- The confirmation page from DS-160
- Proof for the fees paid is a receipt.
- Social media information. The latest need for a U.S. visa is the social media list an individual uses and the name for every account, including the email, phone number, history of social media from the earlier five years.
- Travel schedule, which should represent your plan while staying in the U.S.
- Accommodation proof relying on where an individual will stay. Hotel booking or the invitation letter from relatives or friends
- Other documents you need to renew for the U.S. visa such as sponsorship documents, U.S. work visa (documents representing where you will work as an offer letter or contract), student visa (documents you are admitted in the U.S. educational organization).
Visa interview at the U.S. embassy
After applying to the visa application center, you need to visit the U.S. visa interview at the embassy or consulate. Once you appear at the center, you require bringing the following documents:
- Confirmation letter print-out
- The confirmation page of DS-160 having the stamp of VAC
- The current passport and old passport, if you have any.
- Supporting documents relying on the type of visa
You must know that the interview is not very long most of the times. The visa officer asks you specific questions, such as your interest in visiting the country or anything that he/she would like to know about you.
When going for the interview, you must reach there before 15 minutes because of security clearance and present the appointment letter at the entry. Sometimes you may have to wait for long. So, make sure you are ready for this as well.
All in all, it is the entire process you need to follow when applying for a U.S. visa from India. You don’t have any chance of making mistakes, so make sure to follow the process very carefully under professional service assistance like TravelAssist.
Where can you attend the U.S. visa interview in India?
Following are the different addresses that you can consider for attending the interview:
The U.S. Consulate General in Mumbai (Bombay)
Bandra East, Mumbai 400051, C-49, G-Block, Bandra Kurla Complex,
Mobile: (22) 2672-4000
The U.S. Consulate General in Hyderabad
Paigah Palace, 1-8-323, Chiran Fort Lane, Begumpet, Secunderabad 500 003
The U.S. Consulate General in Chennai (Madras)
220 Anna Salai, Gemini Circle, 600006
The U.S. Consulate General in Kolkata (Calcutta)
5/1 Ho Chi Minh Sarani, 700071
The U.S. Embassy in New Delhi
Shanti Path, Chanakya Puri 110021
You need to note that U.S. embassies in India don’t consent you to bring any electronics such as phones, laptops, charges, etc. It also includes large bags, food and so on. Hence, make sure to come up with the arrangements beforehand.
Where can you receive a U.S. visa in India?
When scheduling your U.S. visa appointments, you must mention the location where you wish to receive the passport with the U.S. visa. You can even consider receiving the documents delivered to you by email.
Do you require travel insurance for the U.S. visa application in India?
No, there is no requirement for travel insurance for the U.S. visa application. Although, the costs of healthcare facilities in the country are very high. So, it is recommended that you obtain the U.S. visa travel health insurance from India.
If you are willing to go to the U.S. and are anxious about the U.S. visa process from India, this post is especially for you. The U.S. visa process from India is complex, and it gets complex for people to understand the entire procedure. Different requirements are there to be eligible for the process, and other aspects are there as well. Hence, in this post, you will get everything you are looking for regarding a U.S. visa. The only requirement is ensuring that you read the write-up comprehensively to avoid any mistakes when applying for the visa.
Please share your thoughts on the post if you like, and let us know if you need additional information. Our experts will reply to you instantly, so contact us here.